maandag 7 december 2015

Pale Crow – Everything Went White


Pale Crow – Everything Went White
Zero Hero Recordings – 2015
Rock, Indie, Grunge
Rated: ****

Let's welcome Pale Crow from Moscow. Everything Went White is their latest release on Zero Hero Recordings. Mood has a lot to do with music. The reason I bring this up is because sometimes I'll listen to a band then shelve the recording for a week and listen again before reviewing it. And because I'm a real moody type of dude that is exactly what I did with Pale Crow and I'm glad I did. The first time I heard them I'm thinking to myself, WoW! These guys are very Alice In Chains grunge and was kind of dismissing them. Not that I don't like that era. Believe me I do. I just wasn't ready to relive the early 90's at the time. Well guess what. I'm over it. Pale Crow blew me away on the second listen. There is a lot going on with Everything Went White. Some of my favorite tunes are Complaint and the cut Ain't My Thing. Ain't my thing is real Zeppelin to my ears musically; and with a  a jazzy style bridge or breakdown that slips into a killer guitar solo the track kills. Final cut Summer Rain rules as well. It's a little more indie and spacey all at once. These guys are all great players as well and a thumbs up to the engineer. The production is tight. I mean real tight. Overall a great record. Pale Crow pay homage to a chapter in history that I consider a great time for new music and a sense that rock wasn't dead after all. Thanks fellas. You guys rule!

(Written by Charlie Tooth)



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Opmerking: Alleen leden van deze blog kunnen een reactie posten.