donderdag 22 januari 2015

Monster Magnet – Milking The Stars: A Re-Imagining Of Last Patrol


Monster Magnet – Milking The Stars: A Re-Imagining Of Last Patrol
Napalm Records - 2014
Stoner, Psych, Rock
Rated: *****

When Dave Wyndorf announced that he was going to re-mix the Last Patrol album (from 2013) as if it had been recorded in 1969 I thought “meh!”. I did not need some half arsed dub versions from an album that was pretty good but that in no way set my world alight. Well, stick a bong-pipe up my arse and call me Susan 'cause this is fucking fantastic!' Songs have been torn apart with new guitar and vocals parts, slowed down, fuzzed up, echo boxes have been abused beyond belief, tracks discarded, 4 new songs added and two live versions included. Monster Magnet have never made a truly bad album but until Last Patrol, seemed to be on auto-pilot for a long time. Even so, I never really played  last years release that much. But when the creepy Doors-like Hammond organ starts creeping through the tracks and the trippy vibe really hits you over the head, you will realise that Dave and his boys have created a masterpiece of Stone Psychedelic Rock. I would have never thought a remix album could make such an impact on me but this is an essential part of the soundtrack to my life now. Highly recommended ………. Please do not call me Susan!

(Written by Tony)



1 opmerking:

Opmerking: Alleen leden van deze blog kunnen een reactie posten.